The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center (SZGMC) was established by number 18 year 2008 issued by HH Sheikh Mansoor Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister of UAE, Minister of Presidential Affairs, in 2008 and it's amendment number 7 year 2012. According to the decree, the SZGMC aims to:
- Commemorate on the legacy and memory of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan and emphasize on his noble deeds and contributions to the humanity.
- Cooperating with research centers as well as religious, educational and cultural institutions.
- Introduce the center as a cultural tourism destination to enhance cross cultural communication.
In accordance with the founding decree, this will include:
- To highlight the historical and civic achievements of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan by comemorating his social and cultural contributions.
- Initiate cultural partnerships with religious institutions by organizing professional forums which shares the SZGMC's objective both inside UAE and abroad.
- Cooperating with international academic religious centers to create an Islamic institute.
- Provide the library with audio-visual publications and support the publication of printing and translation of the Holy Quran in addition to the printing of books, research works, magazines, manuals, in addition to the translation of books in alignment to the SZGMC’s objectives.
- Promote mutual respect and understanding between different religions and support social, religious and cultural initiative. Organize seminars, forums and lectures for the recitation and memorization of the the Holy Quran. Seminars on Islamic architecture, Arabic calligraphy and Arabic syntax as well as a competition on Quran recitation and Adhan (Call to prayer)
- Encourge international visitors and residents to visit mosque for educational and tourism purposes and introduce the mosque as a masterpiece of Islamic architecture.
Explore this beautiful place by renting a car with Europcar located at Twofour54 (shop 1, building 2, twofour54 campus, khalifa park)