Full Comprehensive insurance is provided subject to current U.A.E Law. The Hirer is liable for the first AED [750-2000] - varies per car category - against claims resulting from each and every accident including (hit-and-run) reporting you at fault (as evidenced by a Police report). This can be waived by buying the super collision damage waiver (SCDW).
(2) Kilometers Driven:
Kilometers are limited to 250km per day, 1500km per week & 5000km per month, where additional kilometers will be chargeable @ 0.3 - 0.5/km varies by vehicle’s group and category.
It includes routine servicing at 1,500 Km (1st Service), oil change at every 5,000 Km, and major servicing at every 10,000 Km or at every six months whichever comes first.
In the event of routine service and maintenance, a replacement vehicle nearest in size to the hired one, as is possible, will be provided at no extra cost.
In the event of any damage or accident to the car, police must be called before the vehicle is moved and a police report and a repair slip must be obtained. Should these documents failed to be obtained, then the Hirer is responsible for all damages incurred. The obtaining of these documents will be the responsibility of the Hirer.
(6) Traffic Violations & Salik:
- All costs incurred as a result of Fines or Salik or other Penalties (imposed by traffic police or any other legal authorities) taking place during the rental will be client’s responsibility and would be recovered accordingly.
- There will be a 10% additional service charge on top of traffic fine charges and AED1/- on top of each Salik charge.
(7) Fuel, Water, Oil & Tire Pressure
- Special or Unleaded fuel is to be used
- 20% service charge is added to the refueling cost.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to check water and oil levels as well as tires pressure.
(8) Vehicle Condition & Tinting Glass:
- The Hirer must keep the hired vehicle in a clean, safe, and sound condition. Otherwise charges may be applied.
- Tinting of vehicle’s window glass is not permitted for rented vehicles; a fine of AED10,000/- would be applied on offenders who would be held responsible for the same.
(9) Vehicle check-in:
- Hirer must inform Europcar of his intention to return the vehicle at another premise or other Emirate, and must define the date and time otherwise excess days would be charged to him.
- At the time of vehicle’s off-hire, the cost of any un-reported damage/s as well as damages with no police report/s, would be fully charged to hirer account
(10) Driving License:
UAE Driving license is a must for all residents, while International driving license is required from visitors (excluding visitors from European Union & other countries as per declaration #126/2008), GCC Residents can drive with their GCC Driving License. (Click here) for more information.
(11) Payment & Deposit:
- Payment terms are negotiated at the time of rental where credit card payments are preferable. Rental charges will be collected directly at the time of vehicle’s check-out, and a pre-authorization
- Deposit amount of AED1500/- will be blocked on client’s credit card to cover possible traffic fines; the same will be automatically released in 3-4 weeks’ time as long as no Traffic Fine/s gets recorded on client’s rental. (Europcar is not responsible for any difference between the amount blocked & the amount released resulting from the fluctuation of foreign exchange rates and other possible banking charges).
(12) Delivery / Collection of vehicle:
Delivery / Collection of vehicle is chargeable and varies according to distance from/to Abu Dhabi down Town at a minimum charge of Dhs.30/- each way.
(13) Airport Surcharge:
Airport Surcharge of Dhs.25/- will be applicable to any Rental starting at Abu Dhabi Int’l Airport (unless differently specified).
(14) Breakdown Service :
We offer 24 hours breakdown service. Clients have to contact our fleet controller # 050-6210795 to receive help.
(15) Additional Charges :
Additional charges are applicable for Salik (Dubai Tollgate pass) at Dhs.5/pass as well as for Nav/GPS system, tracker system, child/baby seats, or any other additional requirements.
(16) Driving outside UAE & Off-Road Driving :
- Our vehicles are not permitted to be driven outside UAE excluding to Oman, The same can’t happen without our consent & permission,
We will provide client/s with needed documents after paying Oman insurance coverage Fee = AED500/week.
- In the event of breakdown/accident, client is responsible to bring the vehicle to Omani-UAE Borders.
- Our vehicles are not permitted to be used for Safari/Fun-drive; client will be held liable To pay all damage, necessary repairs & towing charges if he failed to adhere with the same.
(17) Usage of Vehicles :
- Hirer commits that he won’t allow anybody to drive the rented vehicle unless been authorized By Europcar
- Hirer undertakes that neither he nor any of the listed additional drivers will use the vehicle in, Pushing, Pulling or Towing objects, Races & Fun Drive, Rough Roads & desert Safaris, teach Driving, rent the vehicle without Europcar permission. Hirers that fail to adhere with same will be held responsible & liable for all charges resulting from damages, penalties, fines & other dues
- Hirer commits that he/any additional driver will not drive the vehicle outside UAE except to OMAN if been pre-approved to.